When you’re looking for slippers that combine style and comfort, the Best Slippers collection has exactly what you need. We do men’s footwear in designs that provide the ultimate all-season comfort to you.
Nothing defines comfort better than slippers that are breathable. When it’s cold, you want a slipper that keeps your feet well insulated, without trapping in moisture and odors. The same goes for the warm weather; nobody wants to be in slippers that are so sweaty, they make you wish you were barefoot instead.
Basically, breathable slippers are those which allow moisture in vapour form to escape through its fabric, and also allows air to cross transfer in and out of the slipper. To start with, let’s take a look at the benefits of wearing breathable slippers.
Benefits of Wearing Breathable Slippers
Our feet are the hardest working part of our bodies, supporting our entire body weight and assisting us in some of the most basic functions of living. We spend a considerable amount of time on our feet on any given day, meaning that we wear shoes in one form or another for as many as 18 hours a day.
Considering that our feet remain enclosed for so long, it’s really important that our footwear allows for air to circulate through to the interior of the shoe. Let’s take a quick look at the benefits of wearing breathable slippers.
- Breathable slippers allow air to reach the feet and toes, keeping them ventilated and comfortable.
- In hot weather, breathable footwear draws cool air into the slipper and simultaneously releases warm air from within the slipper, creating a cooling effect around your feet.
- Breathable footwear allows for moisture to be released from our feet and out of the slipper, again enhancing the comfort of our feet within them. So no sweaty feet with breathable slippers.
- Breathable slippers will not allow odor to be trapped within the slipper, preventing the embarrassment of smelly feet. Foot odor is caused by growth of bacteria on the skin, due to the build-up of sweat. It is the bacterial growth that causes the bad odor.
- Breathable slippers aid in the prevention of athlete’s foot, a foot fungus that grows on feet, and thrives in warm, moist environments such as that created by sweaty non-breathable footwear.
How to Choose Breathable Slippers for Men
So now that we know the benefits of wearing breathable slippers, the next thing is choosing them. How do you pick the best breathable slippers for men? And what should you look out for when choosing the perfect pair?
The breathability of slippers is determined by the textiles used to make them. So when picking out the breathable slippers, what you need to pay attention to is the textiles they are made from, as well as the design. Whether you’re considering something warm and insulating for the chilly winters, or it’s casual summer slippers you want; textile and design are the primary factors to consider before you buy.
Breathable Slipper Designs:
Slippers that are breathable tend to have:
- Open heels: Bedroom slippers, house slippers, and all your open-heel outdoor capables fall under this category.
- Strappy designs: Think of your favourite summer sandals here. Best Slippers strappy sandals are primarily made of leather, and may be slip-on or have some buckle detail, to help you adjust the fit.
- Open toes, open sides or both.
- Roomy toe boxes: Includes your favourite clogs and slippers with wriggle room in the toe box.
Best Slippers collections have a large variety of men’s slippers, sandals, clogs and mules that are available in classic designs, colours and quality finishes. You are guaranteed to find slipper options in all sizes that will suit your individual taste.
Breathable Slipper Textiles:
When choosing your slippers, the textile of the slipper is an important consideration.
- Natural textiles vs synthetic textiles
- Indoor use vs outdoor use, or suitable for both indoors and outdoors
- Weather-proof vs non weather-proof
- Soft vs sturdy textiles
The textiles that are commonly used for men’s breathable slippers include:
- Boiled wool & wool felt: These two textiles are highly popular in crafting men’s breathable slippers, and they tend to be comfortable fabrics for most people. Not only are they wonderful insulators that keep you warm in chilly weather, they are also itch-free and hypoallergenic. Wool wicks moisture away from the skin, preventing sweat and odor build-up and keeping your feet dry and comfortable within the slipper.
- Shearling: This refers to sheepskin comes from a sheep that has been sheared only once, called a shearling. The leather is processed and dyed with the wool intact, so that the final product has a velvety smooth suede finish on one side, and a soft fluffy wool lining on the other side. In making men’s shearling slippers, the smooth suede finish appears on the exterior upper slipper, with the inner lining made entirely from the soft, very fluffy wool. This creates a beautiful, cozy slipper, suitable as a bedroom slipper or a multi-functional house slipper.
- Leather: Just in case you didn’t know it, leather actually breathes. Not in terms of inhaling and exhaling, but in the sense that it lets air pass through it, keeping your feet from smelling and getting uncomfortably sweaty. So it’s always a good pick when it comes to choosing men’s slippers, especially if you want a sturdy design, that is also weather-proof and outdoor-capable.
- Cotton: Is highly popular especially for light summer slippers, and it comes in beautiful prints and colours. Cotton uppers make the slippers nice and light, keeping your feet cool through the warmer weather. Cotton slippers are easy to wear, light and flexible, making them great choices for your casual wardrobe.
Best Slippers collection of breathable slippers for men brings together a large variety of slipper choices, giving you breathable footwear options to suit your wardrobe. There are slippers for all your individual tastes, that will work with your style, no matter what season of the year. Take a look at this amazing selectionhere and order your pair while stocks last.